Word and crashing

Subject: Word and crashing
From: obair81 -at- comcast -dot- net
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com (techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- c)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:08:13 +0000

A translation company working on a word file (produced from a frame file) tell me that they are having word crashes as they do the final desktop publishing work on the file, which is 100 MB.

The many images in the word file are embedded, because that is how mif2go made the word file, even though the images in the frame file are referenced.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this? I can produce instead a word file with no images, and then they can later go in and add the images manually, although I think the crashing would then re-appear.

I spent 10 minutes looking for help text on how to insert a linked image in word, as one does in frame, and found nothing.

If someone would like to suggest a Word list, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

best,
Paul