Customizing TOCs

Subject: Customizing TOCs
From: "Sharon O'Neill" <sharon -at- libram -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:32:34 +0100

I have a customer who wants me to create a different online help system from the usual ones. He wants me to change the TOC. He wants buttons on the bottom left-hand-side of the online help window which control what you see in the online help treeview displayed directly above these buttons.

So say for example he has a module called 'Personnel', he wants the TOC treeview for 'Personnel' online help displayed in the top left-hand-side of the online help window when the user clicks on the 'Personnel' button at the bottom left-hand-side of the window and if he has another module called 'Recruitment', he wants the TOC treeview to change to the 'Recruitment' online help when the user clicks on the 'Recruitment' button.

I also have to consider that the help content has to then be displayed in the right of the window once the user selects an item from the selected TOC treeview.

HOW AM I GOING TO DO THIS? I use RoboHelp X5 and XDK but none of them has produced an answer for this. Has anyone any ideas? All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Sharon