Re: Dating the Internet (was Re: Funny Tech Writing)

Subject: Re: Dating the Internet (was Re: Funny Tech Writing)
From: "Julia Countryman" <julia -at- dreamcatcher-media -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:03:44 -0700

So did I! I figured it was due to too much sawdust because
I'm-a-currently-out-of-work-tech-writer-turned-handyman-in-a-rural-area.

First computer worked with: Gopod only knows, but it was with punch cards in
the 70's in college.
First remote communication via computer: communicating with Martin Marietta
computer, via telnet on a DEC-MNC-11 system.
First networked messaging: 1986: PROFS no idea what computer system it was,
my guess is that it was on a IBM-OS 390 or some previous iteration
First email sent 1993 using PINE through UCI's Antweb.
First Browser: MOSAIC
Favorite current nerdy communication: telnetting to The Well, communicating
via pico span, and still occasionally use PINE for Well email.

Julie