WebWorks Publisher - context senstive help question

Subject: WebWorks Publisher - context senstive help question
From: "Julia Cemer" <jcemer -at- wavelink -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:19:52 -0700

Hello everyone.

I'm having a bit of a struggle figuring out how to create context
sensitive help for our software.

Bit of background:
I've been here about 2 years. Before me there was another writer there
was a writer in a remote office. The remote writer developed all the
styles, templates, style guides etc. I am not allowed to change them.
That writer is long gone and I came in just to pick up where he'd left
off.

Now they want me to make sure for the next release of the product I have
created the help to be context sensitive. My developers claim that they
never did anything with a context sensitive help system, even when the
other writer was here. And I have no idea where to start. This is what
I've got to go on from the style guide:

Context-sensitive Help

The WebWorks template used by the Documentation Team is automatically
enabled to hand context-sensitive requests. To enable
context-sensitivity for a help system, you must assign a FileName marker
to each heading within your FrameMaker files. These filename markers
automatically assign the name of the heading to the name of the
corresponding Web page generated by WebWorks.

Filename markers are applied using the same method as other FrameMaker
markers. Each filename marker should have the same name as its
corresponding heading, with spaces between each word replaced with
underscores.

I know without taking a look at my WW templates you may not be able to
give me much advice, but if you have anything to get me started, I would
really appreciate it. I know how to tag the headings, but I don't know
what to tell the developers to do after that... Any suggestions??

I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense. I honestly don't even know
how to ask for what I need.
Thanks in advance.

Julia