RE: Dating the Internet (was Re: Funny Tech Writing)

Subject: RE: Dating the Internet (was Re: Funny Tech Writing)
From: "Clare Turner" <cturner -at- redflex -dot- com>
To: "Sandy Nicholson" <sandy -at- ambertext -dot- co -dot- uk>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:00:10 -0700

OK, ok, ok - good god, people - must EVERYONE pick on EVERYTHING? It's
things like this that make me want to stop reading this list.

Should we get into the whole history or ARPA/DARPA and TECHNICALLY when
the first connection was made that *eventually* led to what is called
the Internet? Should we debate the difference between the 'internet'
and the 'world wide web'?!

My SIMPLE point was that my first exposure to the silly mouse balls
thing was NOT thru the Internet...we DID manage to communicate with
other people before then!

I think I'll go remove myself from the list before I totally blow a
gasket...

Clare L. Turner
Technical Writer
Redflex Traffic Systems, Inc.