Re: Writing technical articles

Subject: Re: Writing technical articles
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:27:33 -0500

Amanda Abelove wrote:>>Can anyone point me to a resource that would tell me
what CIO / Technology / Business magazines accept articles and what they are
interested in? I tried googling, but this isn't general interest so I
didn't turn up anything.
Get a copy of Writer's Market published by Writer's Digest. You can probably
find one in the local library, or check out their website at
[1]http://www.writersdigest.com/. (They used to list the Writer's Market
for free, but now I see there is an annual fee. That's why I say check out
the local library first.) You should be able to find the information you
need there, including who is buying what, for how much, whether they pay on
acceptance or publication (or at all), and who was the editor or publisher
at the time of publication. In addition to telephone and mail contact
information, there is usually a URL for their website. Go there and find
the latest information for contributors.

--

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award

See also:
cards for all occasions)
"When the situation is absolutely hopeless, you have nothing to worry
about."
Compliments of The Monkey Wrench Gang