Re: Writing technical articles

Subject: Re: Writing technical articles
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: Amanda Abelove <bluestreaker1977 -at- hotmail -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:57:09 -0600

The process is a little bit more difficult than that in my experience. It's no different than writing for Mothering or Keep It Simple or any other trade publication. You research the editors, query them with article ideas, sometimes full articles and move on from there. A good book is by Kelly James-Enger, Ready, Aim, Specialize. She's a success story. I met her several years back at a conference. You can read blurbs of her books here:

http://www.becomebodywise.com/books.htm

She has changed her original focus to nutrition and fitness writing though.

Michele

---------------
Michele E. Davis, Writer
Kraut Companies
612-824-3516
612-309-6903 (cell)
www.krautgrrl.com
www.krautboy.com
and the uber geek empyre

Amanda Abelove wrote:

Hi all--
Can anyone point me to a resource that would tell me what CIO / Technology / Business magazines accept articles and what they are interested in? I tried googling, but this isn't general interest so I didn't turn up anything.