RE: Credit where credit is due??

Subject: RE: Credit where credit is due??
From: "Johnson, Tom" <TJohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com>
To: "W. Kelly Oja" <judbasiner -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 10:22:21 -0500

Different strokes for different folks. People thrive on different things. Some prefer praise and recognition, some are "just give me the cash", others would be happy to have a team party, and a few might just be content to know they did a good job, how about a day off with pay, or tickets to a movie. A good manager will know what makes people tick and the best way to motivate them on an individual basis. The individual motivators should be used in conjunction with group motivators. The way I look at it, managing teams is a lot like raising children; they're all different and a cookie-cutter approach isn't always the most effective.

Tom Johnson
Technical Writer
tjohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com