Re: Contractors: Local jobs, out of town recruiters?

Subject: Re: Contractors: Local jobs, out of town recruiters?
From: "David Loveless" <daveloveless -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:24:52 -0700

My experience is just the opposite. I've had multiple contract offers.
About half have been local companies with local offers, but I get an
offer from one company based out of Salt Lake City for work in
Cleveland, Boston, and Miami. They even went so far as to offer to fly
me out each Monday and fly me back each Friday. That seemed a little
ridiculous when they could probably easily find a solid writer that
lived local to that area.

I prefer the permanent style of working though, so I only accept local
part-time contracts that don't interfer with my "real" job and life.

Dave