RE: Being Laid Off

Subject: RE: Being Laid Off
From: "Melissa Nelson" <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:11:56 -0500

I never really went by the number of samples as much as the variety. I tried to stick one of each type of document in it. For Example, I had a piece from a User Guide I did, a section of a Software Design Document, a section of a Business Operations Manual...etc. I believe I had five total at my last interview.

Melissa

From: "Perkins, Kathy" To: "Ron Hearn" , Subject: RE: Being Laid Off Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:12:10 -0600

Just out of curiosity, how many samples of work does everyone put in their portfolio? What do you think is a good number?

Kathy -----Original Message----- On Behalf Of Ron Hearn Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:04 PM To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com Subject: RE: Being Laid Off

Also, collect some sample of your work to put in a portfolio to show prospective employers. If possible, get your employer's agreement to do this.

Rn

This communication is from a law firm and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If it has been sent to you in error, please contact the sender for instructions concerning return or destruction, and do not use or disclose the contents to others. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major Help format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient content delivery. Try it today!. http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

--- You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com -dot-
To unsubscribe send a blank email to techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/melmis36%40hotmail.com

Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.