Re: Being Laid Off

Subject: Re: Being Laid Off
From: "Melissa Nelson" <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:45:19 -0500

Before landing my present position, I learned a trick with Monster and Careerbuilder etc. If you go in once a week ( I always did it on Sunday nights) and update your resume ( I would just erase a line and retype it) you get put back to the top of the list when headhunters go on there to look for resumes. I got both my present position and the contract I did last year by doing that.

Also I would at least talk to any headhunter that calls you, they can be a pain but it is worth talking to them, and being very cordial even if the job does not interest you. The headhunter (recruiter I guess is the appropriate term) :) that found me my current position had called me about two other ones that I was not interested in, but because of those phone calls I was the first one in line when this position came up. Also when dealing with a recruiter, remember they are working for you and not the other way around. :)

Good luck and we are all pulling for you!

PS. You don't hear much about the site on here, but I also had good luck with Computerjobs.com

Melissa

From: "A" Reply-To: aurora -at- identicloak -dot- com To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com Subject: Re: Being Laid Off Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:48:22 -0500 (EST)

Monster.com -- give your resume` three months to incubate, though.

A.u.r.o.r.a Yes, this is a humor site! Unapproved by official people! --- www.adventuresindefecation.com --- Better than animal porn! Bathroom humor for everyone!

Steven Sweet said: > Help! I was just sat down today and told I'm being laid off. I have > until the end of March and then I'm gone. Where can I look for another > job? > > Thanks, > Steve > > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ > > WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major Help > format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient > content > delivery. Try it today!. http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l > > Doc-To-Help includes a one-click RoboHelp project converter. It's that > easy. Watch the demo at > http://www.componentone.com/TECHWRL/DocToHelp2005 > > --- > You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as aurora -at- identicloak -dot- com -dot- > > To unsubscribe send a blank email to > techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com > or visit > http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/aurora%40identicloak.com > > To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com > > Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit > http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info. >

WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major Help format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient content delivery. Try it today!. http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

--- You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com -dot-
To unsubscribe send a blank email to techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/melmis36%40hotmail.com