Re: Recording messages to send by email

Subject: Re: Recording messages to send by email
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 06:46:51 -0500

Tissa Salter wrote:

Okay, so, rather than that convoluted transcontinental approach, could
someone tell me what I need to record my own .wav files to send to my
students?

You can also record your lectures on a portable tape recorder (or tapeless voice recorder) and play that back into your computer through the Line In jack of your sound card. (You may have to use the microphone input on some laptops.) Most computers come with a rudimentary sound editing program, or, as Barry Campbell suggested, download Audacity from Soundforge. This way you have the freedom of recording your lectures (or parts of them) at your convenience rather than having to sit i front of the the computer. We used to do this when developing draft scripts for commercial television and radio programming.

--

Al Geist, Geist Associates
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award Winning Videos, Professional Photography

Cell: 505-400-4128
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

See also:

"When the situation is absolutely hopeless, you have nothing to worry about."
Compliments of The Monkey Wrench Gang