Re: I Can Really Pick 'Em, Can't I?

Subject: Re: I Can Really Pick 'Em, Can't I?
From: Siliconwriter <siliconwriter -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:13:08 -0800

On Feb 14, 2006, at 6:05 PM, Janice Gelb wrote:

I gather you've already been to HR and they have
not helped you.

DO NOT go to your HR department. I have had two instances where I asked HR for help with a difficult boss, and the HR person went straight to the boss to tattle on me. The Human Resources people do not work for you, they work for the company, and are not going to rock the boat. The most they can do for you is fill out a sexual harrassment form, but from what you have said sexual harrassment is not what's going on here. I doubt there is any FORMAL recourse through company procedures to rein in this bully you work for. Don't compound your problems by being branded a "troublemaker" by HR.

Sarah
been there