Re: I Can Really Pick 'Em, Can't I?

Subject: Re: I Can Really Pick 'Em, Can't I?
From: "Amanda Abelove" <bluestreaker1977 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <hwarnold -at- alumni -dot- reed -dot- edu>, <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>, <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:47:23 -0800

LOL. Because it's easy to talk hardball when you don't actually have to *do* it and *live* with it.

Amanda

---- sigh. I'm going to stick my neck out on this one. I replied off-list to the original poster, but there is another thing on this topic I'm going to say. I don't understand why everyone is interested in playing hardball when we don't have insider knowledge about the situation. This makes no sense to me. The manager, however much of an @#)($* they happen to be, still is human. There may be compassionate solutions that a sort of ombudsman or officer for conciliation might be able to find. This is from my experience. To approach a situation with hostility only tends to lead to further hostility and yadda yadda yadda.

One pacifist thought for the current 3 minutes.

Best,

heidi