RE: On Office Politics and Being the New Kid

Subject: RE: On Office Politics and Being the New Kid
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, "Janice Gelb" <janice -dot- gelb -at- sun -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 16:43:57 -0800

Mebbe. But mebbe there's a mis-communication somewhere. I can't tell if
Lori had the mandate/orders to write documentation for the web site. I
don't know if the other woman is supposed to be a formal reviewer. I
don't know if they work for the same manager.

I'd move slowly. I'd try to find out as much about what was going on
before as possible. The site administrator's comments are odd, to say
the least.

"Personal notes"? I would like to know what she meant! I can't imagine
that anything I've ever written would be considered a personal note. So
what does it mean?

No step-by-step instructions? That also seems odd. I need an example.

I suggest caution. Find out what's going on. Ask the boss. Keep it in
public.

Joe

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.