Re: Read only dialog box?

Subject: Re: Read only dialog box?
From: Beth Agnew <beth -dot- agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 12:21:28 -0500

Sounds like she's taking the meaning of dialog literally. Unless the user has to input something, it's not really a dialog, so a literal meaning can be correct. I don't like "pop-ups" because of the web connotation. I'm on the side of "message" or "information". I would use "alert" only if there was something important the user had to take note of. Ultimately, it doesn't matter what you call them as long as your approvers and your target audience understand the terms and usage, and that you remain consistent through your publication(s).

Barbara Philbrick wrote:

It's not a developer, it's an auditor, and a Swedish one at that ...