RE: The non-learning organization?

Subject: RE: The non-learning organization?
From: Steve Hayhurst <shayhurs -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 11:07:32 -0800

> How do you cope when you see your organization making very, very, basic errors?
>It's been a long week, I'm sick, and it's Friday....

As "dash trash" at my current gig a perfect example reared its ugly head yesterday.

One of the other gallery slaves was introduced for the first time to the sponsor of the project we are on. She mentioned we were proceeding with the content changes for the new project title.

Come to find out, he had no idea there had been a name change to his project. He was less than pleased at best (but at least he didn't shoot the messenger).

That pretty much sums how this gig has gone. Twain, I believe noted "A Camel is a Horse designed by a committee."

Well this "camel" has four MOVING humps (looked a bit weird having two humps where the ears used to be last week--that has changed now), two tails, eight legs, and a HEMI: as of 6:00 last night anyway--It wouldn't surprise me to log in and find a raccoon come Monday...

You've got a great bunch of listeners who have all experienced (or are experiencing) your pain, there are great survival suggestions in this thread:

1. Beer, very good beer.
2. Fix what you can when you can.
3. Learn everything you can from this so you can try to head off things earlier next time.
4. Move on, armed the current experience to know what to look for next time.
5. Ride it out and don't take it personally.

That being said, NEVER let it affect your health or sanity-do your job, do it well, and stop worrying about everyone else's foul-ups (note to self...)

Did I mention beer?

--

Steve Hayhurst

Home Page: home.earthlink.net/~shayhurs/
Artist Page: www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Y&Artist=shayhurs

Bozone (n.):
The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating.

(Washington Post's Style Invitational)