Re: Callouts in Graphics

Subject: Re: Callouts in Graphics
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>, <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:51:50 -0800

Thanks for the reminder. I think maybe I used to know this, but it's been a long time and the only firsthand experience I ever had with the matter was when the company that makes one of my SW tools sent out a bulletin to their users back in 1995 stating that GIF support was being dropped from the new version of
their product because they had received a letter from Compuserve demanding that they sign a license agreement and pay royalties for the continued use of the GIF format. I presumed, perhaps unwisely, that they knew who was trying
to squeeze them. The company is currently working on the beta
for a new rev, and there's no sign of GIF support anywhere in
it, but that might just be because nobody has been jumping up
and down insisting that it be restored.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>