RE: Expanding a Company's Technical Writing Group

Subject: RE: Expanding a Company's Technical Writing Group
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: <Jennifer_Gidner -at- dom -dot- com>, "Ellen McDaniel" <ellen -at- vidiom -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:32:11 -0800

Well, my thinking is: how likely is it that your boss would double-check
what you say? If it's not likely, then call GE tech support and ask
someone something regarding the documentation. Like "are you provided
internal documentation that tells you error messages? Is it the same
stuff customers get?" and so forth.
Then form your own conclusions.

If you *really* want a big company's experience with tech support and
documentation, I can put you in touch with some people at Cisco.

As far as "proven" companies, go, I immediately think of this: The
Titanic was built by a proven company, the Ark was built by a loner.

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.