Re: FrameMaker is driving me insane PDF's - ARGH!!!

Subject: Re: FrameMaker is driving me insane PDF's - ARGH!!!
From: Shlomo Perets <shlomo2 -at- microtype -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:19:06 +0200

Lorenzo,

You wrote:

We need to create a PDF of a small portion of a huge User's Manual. We try
the general method of printing that portion to file. Problem is, it goes
ahead and generates the whole chapter of 140+ pages, even though we only
need 16 pages! ...

When printing with Acrobat Data turned on, FrameMaker prints the
entire file to .ps, and not the page range specified. This is done so that
interactive items in the file being printed (links/bookmarks) will
be fully-functional.

If you are interested in printing a portion of the file, and don't need
an interactive PDFs, turn off Generate Acrobat Data in the Print dialog
box, and you'll be able to print the page range specified.

Shlomo Perets

http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express 4.0 for FM/Windows
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants
Template Design, Single Sourcing, FM-to-PDF & Technical Indexing seminars

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com