Re: Read Framemaker files without Framemaker

Subject: Re: Read Framemaker files without Framemaker
From: Art Campbell <art -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 14:11:17 -0400

Perhaps you should point out to your R&D manager that anyone with
Acrobat may save the .pdf as a Word .rtf file and can also copy&paste
from a .pdf into a Word document.

So you can write in Frame, publish in .pdf, and the trainer can take
what he wants from the .pdf with Acrobat and create his own stuff with
Word, Powerpoint, or whatever else he uses.

If it was me, I'd also point out that one of the functions of the
training consultant should be to train customers to use the
documentation by referencing it and not to weaken or obscure its
presence by duplicating its content in training manuals.

Cheers,
Art

--
Art Campbell art -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com
No disclaimers apply.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com