Re: DBs and online forms

Subject: Re: DBs and online forms
From: Ed Wurster <glassnet -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 06:02:01 -0400

Andrew wrote:

> >would fill in the form fields. So as you see, it's a bit complicated for
> >the mortgage co.'s end-user. There may be additional ways to streamline
> >this, but I am not aware of them.

Kelly responded:

> Now what we need to find are the developers who want to turn this into an
> app, which he wants to pitch to people in the real estate industry and/or
> host it for them, so they can send customers to fill out forms online. I'm
> sure there are actually companies doing this already, though, so I suspect
> the more efficient approach is to partner with someone.

A question:

What is the back end app they use? That is where the mtg. co. should
invest their development budget. Tie their web to the back end app.

The customer is focused on the tools. You're best bet is to keep them
focused on high level, and how to solve the problem.

Between the lines, the customer knows the best solution is costly.
That is where the words "what we need to find are the developers who
want to turn this into an app" come from. The "developers" you seek
are working with mtg. clients on complete solutions, which by their
nature have a large budget.

--
Ed Wurster (Voorhees, NJ)
Tech Tips Blog