Re: Linking to online help topic

Subject: Re: Linking to online help topic
From: "T.W. Smith" <techwordsmith -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:39:02 -0400

Well ...

On 9/23/05, Suzette Leeming <suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:
<snip>

> After all,
> this IS online, and hiring organizations will often "google" someone's
> name to see what kind of person an individual is. I know I certainly
> do.

If you Google perspective employers/employees, you should take that
information with a mine of salt, also. While I look sideways at the
resume's I see, I have found that the Internet is often neither
truthful nor factual. Take that "Bill Swallow" guy. Do you really
believe someone would be named "Will Swallow"? Actually, I've had
drinks with him ... her ... she's a 30-something from Luton by the
name of Trisha McMillan, nice to hang out with, quite a doormat, not
at all the independently-minded insightful thinker you see online.
That and, of course, list postings are an informal kind of
communication, like your diary would be, and are not a sample or
indication of technical writing .... Thus, in addition to the thicker
skin thing, I also recommend being a little more skeptical about what
Google claims aobut its subjects ....

===
6Œ†*iŠxyµ¨®K>æȬú¢·DjÈÉÞמX§xw¥¤ ÝybæØž¥±äëwŠ{^­ö­…©Þšè-m«w
+‘ùŠÛu¬¡¶Úÿ 0Áðr‰¿µç¹C¡ÄéM9r‰ïlF†èi~)^³­†‰ÞXœ ­†Šð¢·h­©òyØ¢µb²+hº»"µëç‰ï"¢w^š‰¨¾'šÙj¹æ¡¶Úÿ 0r‰©¢w§¶‰Þ‰¿L -at- ‡Yÿ‡ w¥§m4å-dot- j·œººÞٲ減yÛµç¹Z±ªÜ+Þׇ
哢黮&Þé¹ZžG¦j)m¢Wš½ë+—^vó+-²×‡
å’zwZvh§ŠËjØz«ž²ØžË–+µç¹\¢eb²+a¶Úÿ 0µç¹\¢oíp†*å+šŠÞë·±©Ýwè