Re: request for info: 1st tech writer contract using WORD.

Subject: Re: request for info: 1st tech writer contract using WORD.
From: Brian Gordon <elasticsoul2003 -at- yahoo -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:42:14 -0400 (EDT)

I've always found it very helpful to have a document I
can use as a model of how I want my document to look
(roughly). Then I find it easier to figure out what
Word (or other software) features will make that
happen.

You might also want to pick up a book on Word,
especially with respect to templates and styles.
People new to Word often don't realize the danger (and
potential years of life lost due to frustration) in
manually applying formatting, numbering, and so on.

All the best,
Brian

--- Mike Kobi <kobi266 -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:
The tool
> is Word. Not the best
> but it's a foot in the door initially. Can anyone
> recommend some good
> fast track reference on using word specifically for
> producing technical
> documentation. I've got VERY BASIC word skills and
> have some exposure to
> features I think I'll use but need to get alot
> better before this job
> starts, tie things together, etc. I've have about
> two weeks to prepare and
> would like to hit this job running! Help is
> greatly aoprecatied!!!
> thanks - Mike

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com