Re: MSWord: Purging List Templates

Subject: Re: MSWord: Purging List Templates
From: Brian Gordon <elasticsoul2003 -at- yahoo -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 12:27:15 -0400 (EDT)

Word recreates Normal.dot if it discovers it missing.

I thought you could clean up list templates by:

1. Format > Bullets and Numbering...
2. Click Reset.

This is supposed to revert all numbering and lists to
the original seven that come with Word. Of course, you
won't like this if you've created your own list
styles....

Most Word experts (I am NOT one) advise using fields
instead of list numbering because it is so unstable in
Word, and your lists will display differently on
different computers. If you don't distribute Word
docs, this latter is not a problem - and why I stick
with *only* Word's built-in list styles when I must
work in Word.

Good luck
Brian

--- Dave Neufeld <Dave_Neufeld -at- spectrumsignal -dot- com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since we're on the subject on MSWord...
>
> Does anyone know how to clean up excess list
> templates and other such gunk in MSWord templates
> and/or documents? My MSWord 2000 SP3 application
> seems to be getting buggier, especially with (of
> course) numbering.
>
> Creeping through my system, I've warily deleted
> things like Normal.dot, word.pip and even the

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com