BBC News -- Why technology misses the masses

Subject: BBC News -- Why technology misses the masses
From: "Guy K. Haas" <guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 17:12:30 -0700

[Our job: explain WIIFM ... What's In It For Me?]

Technology is an area where there is always plenty of scope to come unstuck.

How many times have you stared blankly at a horrifically expensive new gadget which promised the earth, only to find out you cannot actually work out how to use it?

If this sounds familiar, you are not the only one, according to a recent report into the use of technology in France, Germany and the UK.

Technology has a peculiar way of being utterly inscrutable - jam-packed with features we will not use and overcomplicating the features we will.
. . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/4208658.stm
alternatively -- http://tinyurl.com/anzkj

--Guy K. Haas