RE: OpenOffice.org (2) [was: Why Aren't Open Source Tools Being Considered?]

Subject: RE: OpenOffice.org (2) [was: Why Aren't Open Source Tools Being Considered?]
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 19:36:50 -0400

Hi, Jean! After the conversation here, I paid another visit and was
delighted to see that some simplification has been done; I'm likely to be
willing to give it another go sometime soon.

> BTW, I'm not sure if you received some of my correspondence on
> the subject. There was a time when my outgoing email was going
> missing, and I suspect some notes to you were among those lost,
> since I didn't get a response.

Ah, I may have received one of them and then postponed writing and
ultimately forgot about it; I didn't just give up immediately. I think
that's what must have happened.

Actually, when I did use Writer for several book editing jobs, I got used to
it. I think my comments in this thread may have been a bit too critical. I
managed to use it, but I wouldn't necessarily choose it over Word, unless I
come to understand its workings better. I was willing to put in zero time
figuring out how to use the program when I had those books to edit.

Anyway, I might well drop you a line to let you know I'm willing to give it
another try.

Good to hear from you, Jean!

Bonnie Granat | http://www.GranatEdit.com
bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com