Re: Manuals in InDesign (and RoboHelp)

Subject: Re: Manuals in InDesign (and RoboHelp)
From: "Suzanne Burgess" <Suzanne -dot- Burgess -at- mastip -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:54:36 +1200

Hello,

I am using the Adobe Creative Suite for my documentation and for what I
need it works great since my documents are very graphic intensive. I
use InDesign for all my documents and convert them PDF for our website
and break one of the InDesign documents into HTML for other parts of the
website. =20

I have one rather large document (approx. 100 pages) and yes, I would
like to use FrameMaker for this document but it is just not possible.
However, I have been told to create a Help system from this 100 page
document. =20

The question is can I create a help system without too many steps? I
have searched the web and not found any software that creates anything
from InDesign files. I will still need to create a PDF version of the
document AND the look and feel must be the same as the other documents I
create so I cannot write this document in Word. =20

I have found that you can import PDF files into RoboHelp and this may be
a solution for me. Does anyone use RoboHelp this way? =20

Thanks,

Suzanne

Suzanne Burgess
Technical Writer

Mastip Technology Limited
550 Rosebank Road
Avondale
Auckland, New Zealand
Phone +64 9 970 2100
www.mastip.com

IMPORTANT: The information contained in this email message may be
legally privileged or confidential. If you appear to have received this
email in error or are not the named recipient you are notified that any
use, copying or distribution of this email message or its attachments is
prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately. Thank you.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com