Re: Is InDesign replacing Pagemaker?

Subject: Re: Is InDesign replacing Pagemaker?
From: tarage -at- bellsouth -dot- net (imac)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:52:39 -0400

Dick Margulis wrote:

>b -dot- hennessey -at- att -dot- net wrote:
>
>> A general question to the list. Is InDesign focused on
>> replacing Pagemaker?
>>
>> We have some marketing material that needs updating and
>> I'm wondering if InDesign is the best way to go, or should
>> I just continue with Pagemaker? Does anyone have a preference
>> for either? I'll be incorporating tables/images/etc. into these
>> files. I find PM difficult with tables.

Stick with Pagemaker! Use what you know to get the job done, because you
will be efficient. (If you're like me, deadlines come up all too quickly and there's no time to relearn everything and get a project done at the same time.) Pagemaker won't fail to work
tomorrow just because something newer and better has come along. It
won't stop working because it's "old tech". Sure, you can get a new tool
when the budget allows, but I'd wait on it. After all, maybe something
else will be the tool to learn when the project is done. :)

~M

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com