RE: XML/DocBook for newbies

Subject: RE: XML/DocBook for newbies
From: "Broberg, Mats" <mabr -at- flir -dot- se>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:15:46 +0200

Mike,

I wouldn't agree that XML is in its diapers. If we are talking about XML
used for creating and maintaining technical documentation, what I would
agree with is that people use overly complex schemas or DTDs (like
DocBook etc). It's no surprise that people who contemplate XML run and
hide.

Anyone who contemplates using XML for creating and maintaining technical
documentation should seriously consider simplistic schemas or DTDs, e.g.
FlexDTD and others.

Best regards,
Mats Broberg
Technical Documentation Manager

www.flirthermography.com

> No offense to any of the posters nor their opinions, nor to
> anyone at all, but this level of complexity is why XML is
> still in diapers.
>
> ~Mike

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com