Inserting Excel Spreadsheet Into Word Document

Subject: Inserting Excel Spreadsheet Into Word Document
From: "Jennifer C. Bennett" <fritillary -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 14:32:22 -0500

Hello,

I want to take a wide, landscape-oriented Excel spreadsheet and insert it into a portrait-oriented Word document, so that the Excel spreadsheet appears sideways in the Word document with the title running up the left side of the paper. When I say that the Excel spreadsheet is "wide", I do not mean that it is too wide to fit on the paper, sideways; I feel with some minor tweaking/scaling, it will fit fine in the Word Document. For example, the Excel spreadsheet goes as far to the right as the J column, with some of the columns wider than the default.

I've played with various solutions I've found in the Help, including inserting the spreadsheet as an object (This results in the spreadsheet in appearing horizontally in a vertically (portrait) oriented document, resulting in the right side of the spreadsheet getting cut off, and a lot of whitespace in the lower portion of the page), and converting the spreadsheet to a Picture, resulting in the spreadsheet appearing as a tiny, inch long graphic in a large, page-sized placeholder box.

If anyone could point me in the right direction on how to get this spreadsheet to appear sideways in the document (perhaps there is better terminology avaiable than "sideways"?) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com