Re: online job hunt -- for telecommuters

Subject: Re: online job hunt -- for telecommuters
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axion -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:20:03 -0700

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 10:10 -0700, Jefro wrote:
> Has anyone discovered an effective way to hunt for telecommuting jobs
> online, contract or otherwise?

Telecommuting jobs are often difficult to find. Most companies regard
telecommuting as a privilege that people earn after working for a while.

That said, exposure seems to be the key to telecommuting jobs, the same
as any type of employment, only more so. Networking help. So does
getting your name out in the public in general; you might try writing
for a newspaper or web site on technology issues. Since I started
writing regularly for a well-known web site (with a byline that
summarizes what I do), I find that people are coming to me with requests
to work.
--
Bruce Byfield 604-421-7177
http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"Inspiration and craft plus time and effort minus fear and doubt
multiplied by purpose equals song."
- Ray Wylie Hubbard.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com