RE: Reentering the TW world

Subject: RE: Reentering the TW world
From: "Donald H. White" <trlbldr -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:41:42 -0400

You can open Framemaker and select Open, choose the folder in which you've
placed the Word document, and double-click that filename. Frame will say it
doesn't recognize the file format and offer you a choice of formats
(including Word). Select the proper format and click Convert.

The problem with this is that the styles from the Word document, along with
the usual & customary MS garbage, come across, too.

I don't use this method. I copy the text from the Word document, place my
cursor in my Frame file (body page) and select Paste Special|Text. The line
breaks come through and the imported text is automatically formatted as Body
Text, allowing me to change with ease using the stylesheet I've built in the
Frame file.

Hope this helps.

Donald H. White
Senior Technical Writer/Editor
James River Technical Communications LLC
804.795.2914
dwhite -at- jrtcllc -dot- com
www.jrtcllc.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com