Re: I need to learn Dreamweaver MX- FAST!!!!!!

Subject: Re: I need to learn Dreamweaver MX- FAST!!!!!!
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:00:04 -0600

If you have had any experience with FrontPage, you will love Dreamweaver. It's easier to use and you don't end up with a lot of Microsoft garbage mixed in the document. My suggestion is to focus first on doing basic pages in Dreamweaver, then branching out into adding Behaviors, etc. Keep is simple. Use tables for formatting instead of frames, and split the screen (code on top and WYWIWYG on the bottom). Pull up some existing pages in Dreamweaver and see how they're designed. (You can store them under a different name, then play with them.) Once you get an understanding of the basics, start looking at the source code for web sites you like. It might take a little longer than two weeks, but in a short period of time you will be capable enough to produce a good looking, easy to navigate web presence. However, in my opinion, the really big job facing you is not learning Dreamweaver in two weeks, but laying out the site so it is easy to navigate. Good luck.

Al

Kate Salm wrote:

My supervisor handed me a copy of dreamweaver MX
yesterday and told me I had two weeks to learn how to
use it. I know how to use Frontpage, I took a course
as an undergrad (ok, so I got taught how to make
things look pretty and that was about it, but it's
better than nothing).
--

Al Geist, Geist Associates
From Concept to Completion

Cell: 505-400-4128
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

"When the situation is absolutely hopeless, you have nothing to worry about."
Compliments of The Monkey Wrench Gang

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com