Re: User rant

Subject: Re: User rant
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:01:54 -0700

I am probably the least network-literate person I know. I plugged
in our Linksys router, ran the CD and it worked the first time. In
all honesty, I still have no idea what most of the stuff in the wizard
was doing. The only problem I've ever had with the wireless was
getting non-Linksys adapters to talk to the router after I enabled
the encryption, because I seem to be challenged when it comes
to correctly typing in those encryption keys manually when there's
no passphrase wizard to set them for me.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>

So I stuck the CD in my Windows PC, shut down the wizard, found the
user manual PDF and found the default password. No problems after that.
In fact, I'd hold up the Linksys UI as an example of an effortless
install. Of course, I had a bunch of pre-existing knowledge, which
helped.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com