Re: User rant

Subject: Re: User rant
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:47:45 -0700 (PDT)

I just installed a wireless LinkSys router over the weekend and had no
problems at all; it took less than ten minutes. I saw the CD and
wondered why the heck I need to stick a CD in my PC when I am simply
setting up a router. Like Lou says, I first plugged in with Ethernet to
set up the router, and got the router login screen right away. But I
didn't know the default password (I must be the only one in America who
does not), so I thought I'd go to linksys.com...D'oh!! Can't get on the
Internet - my router's not set up!!

So I stuck the CD in my Windows PC, shut down the wizard, found the
user manual PDF and found the default password. No problems after that.
In fact, I'd hold up the Linksys UI as an example of an effortless
install. Of course, I had a bunch of pre-existing knowledge, which
helped.

Mike O.

http://mail.yahoo.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com