RE: One big word document or break apart

Subject: RE: One big word document or break apart
From: "Franz-Josef Knelangen" <fjk -at- akgsoftware -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:17:48 +0200

Daniel:

# I have one single large word document.
# * Should I break up into smaller sub documents by application modules
# thus easier to assign work? But then I lose my integrated Table of
# Contents.

For 300 pages it isn't worth the effort. Stick with 1 doc.

# * Should I remove all screenshots and for every dialog? What's your
# experience for printed documentation?
# * I keep the whole thing as one single large document as it is.

Check if the screenshots are referenced graphic files. If, all you have to
do is to create and perhaps resize new screenshots and save them using the
same filenames, do a "Field update" in Word (Ctrl+A, F9) and you're done.

If the screenshots are embedded, replace them with referenced image files.

Cheers,

Franz-Josef

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com