RE: "Char Char" styles in Word

Subject: RE: "Char Char" styles in Word
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:13:01 -0400

> What I'd like to know is -- Why doesn't Microsoft provide a
setting
> somewhere in the options that'll let you turn this "feature"
off?????
> But then, I guess there's no use asking why Microsoft does
anything.

In Word 2003:

1. Click Tools > AutoCorrect Options > AutoFormat As You Type.

2. Clear the check box next to the last line, "Define styles based
on your formatting."

You may have to save, close, and reopen the file to see the action.
You can delete unwanted char styles before you make the setting
change or afterward.

Bonnie Granat | www.GranatEdit.com
bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com
Cambridge, Massachusetts, US