How much knowledge to advertise and how to advertise it?

Subject: How much knowledge to advertise and how to advertise it?
From: Mitchell Maltenfort <mmalten -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:28:49 -0400

I'm learning, on my own, SQL and R (a statistical package).

Specifically, I'm going through various tutorials I've found online
and using the GPL packages (MySQL and PostgreSQL) on my Linux box at
home.

And I know just enough Linux to maintain that Linux box, though I'm
willing to learn more.

I am wondering how much knolwedge (novice? intermediate user?) is
necessary before I can claim I know enough about it for technical
documentation purposes.

And how do I phrase it? Just add the software package names to my
resume, or do I put in qualifiers?

I don't want to claim I'm something I'm not, but I do want to make my
resume as shiny as possible.

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

I can answer any question.