Re: Bad Office Organization

Subject: Re: Bad Office Organization
From: "Jerry Muelver" <jerry -at- hytext -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 07:03:24 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Loveless"

I work in an office that is attempting to revamp the technical writing
department. The (the management, none of which are tech writers) have
decided on a couple basic changes that will dramatically hurt our
ability to document and provide services.

The office deals with three major projects. Since we have three
writers, they have decided that the best way to organize the tech
writers would be to have one writer per project. There will be no
cross-communication or work....

"Nine months is too long to wait for a baby. Get a woman and nine guys in here and we can get the job done in a month!"

I would ask for more staff, since there is obviously more work, rework, repair work, and duplicated effort to produce.

---- Jerry Muelver
Techwriting Patterns Wiki -- http://twpats.hytext.com/cgi-bin/patsauth.pl?Home_Page

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com