Re: Oracle Help or Java Help -- how to choose?

Subject: Re: Oracle Help or Java Help -- how to choose?
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 13:48:00 -0400

> :: Bill, I see nothing there that contradicts Lou's suggestion that XHTML
> for help files is appropriate for all development platforms, including Java.

What are you going to use to display the XHTML?

> No. It's all about how the technology works.
>
> :: No, it's about how people work the technology. And about needless
> overcomplication of process and method to keep in step with the latest Big
> Idea.

I'm not sure what the latest big idea here is, as all the technology
we're talking about is quite old, relatively speaking. I don't see an
overcomplication at all, except in maybe trying to get XHTML to work
within a pure Java application without a Java display browser, which
JavaHelp and OracleHelp come standard with.

New from Quadralay Corporation: WebWorks ePublisher Pro! Easily create
14 online formats, including 6 Help systems, in a project-based
workflow. Live, online demo! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com