Re: Where did you get your feet wet?

Subject: Re: Where did you get your feet wet?
From: arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 10:37:30 -0400

Hi everyone,

I decided as a high school Senior that I wanted to go into technical writing. The reasoning was simple: I like technolgy and science (won a few awards) and love to write. And Grampa was a technical writer.

However, my path to get there was a very loooong one. My major changed from Chemical Engineering to Engineering Technology to Literature to Foreign Language, to (finally) Liberal Arts. Along the way I worked for an insurance company, in various office "clerical" positions, and in the US Marine Corps. Every one of them said, "Oh, you can WRITE? Well then why don't you..." Even the XO used to consult me on writing his Master's thesis!

I finally decided that to see the words "Technical Writer" on my resume I'd have to go back to school and get a Master's degree in it. I did and now I bear the lovely title of "Senior Technical Writer."

I'm thrilled to _finally_ achieve the career that made my high school counselor laugh at me.

;)
Arroxane

New from Quadralay Corporation: WebWorks ePublisher Pro! Easily create 14 online formats, including 6 Help systems, in a project-based workflow. Live, online demo! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com