Re: Not sure if I phrased my last question appropriately

Subject: Re: Not sure if I phrased my last question appropriately
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 08:32:14 -0400

Tom Johnson wrote:

Or my version: laissez les bonnes têtes rouler

(Ici on parle franglais. C'est vraiment vendredi
and I'm feeling very certifiable.)

Come on guys and gals. That's not fair to those of us who don't speak German. <g> Would someone care to translate?

Tom

Tom [who neither top-posts nor bottom-posts but chooses instead to mid-post],

Lou's line is a Cajun French cliché, let the good times roll.

Lori's version is, minus a circonflex, let the good heads roll.

Peter responded by correcting the erroneous ending on roll (it was the second person you roll rather than the infinitive to roll; that's what he fixed). Then he added, in parens, "Here we speak [literally one speaks] franglais [French-English creole]. It's truly Friday and I'm feeling very certifiable."

Happy to help.

Dick

Lori Olcott wrote:

Or my version: laissez les bons tetes roulez! ;)

--- Lou Quillio <public -at- quillio -dot- com> wrote:

Lou Quillio wrote:

Let the certification wars re-commence!

Et laissez les bons temps roulez!

LQ