RE: Question in MSWord using English (UK) Spell Check

Subject: RE: Question in MSWord using English (UK) Spell Check
From: Chris Gooch <chris -dot- gooch -at- lightworkdesign -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 10:22:47 +0100

Shannon wrote:

+++

We are preparing a manuscript for release in the UK, and I am not sure
what step I am missing in order to spell check my MS Word document to
check for English (UK). I checked to ensure that the English (UK)
dictionary is enabled, I formatted the entire document in Language:
English (UK), and then ran the spell check English (UK). The spell check
did not pick up some obvious words that would be misspelled in the UK,
such as recognize and aging.

+++

That's because both words are correctly spelled.

You can prove to yourself which dictionary is being used for
spell checking in Word by simply typing "color" and "colour"
in your document and seeing which one gets underlined.

Chris.

Christopher Gooch, Technical Author
LightWork Design, Sheffield, UK.
www.lightworkdesign.com

New from Quadralay Corporation: WebWorks ePublisher Pro! Easily create
14 online formats, including 6 Help systems, in a project-based
workflow. Live, online demo! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com