Robohelp Webhelp Search in Index different on PC (Windows) and MAC

Subject: Robohelp Webhelp Search in Index different on PC (Windows) and MAC
From: Bernd Hutschenreuther <Bernd -dot- Hutschenreuther -at- net-linx -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:25:22 +0200

Hi,

I looked into the archives but did not find a solution.

When I generate Webhelp on PC, it produces different search functions for the PC and for the MAC.

On Windows, there is a search field, I can type in a word and search for it.
On MAC, there is a alphabet, I can click on the letter, and it shows me the result for the letter. A search field is not available.

Both is in the same Webhelp file. What kind of search function appears, depends only on the platform, not on the Internet explorer. It is the same for Firefox and Internet explorer, it only depends, whether it is on MAC or PC.

I can switch of dynamic HTML, then on both platforms, it shows the alphabet. On the PC there is no search field in this case.

But I want to have the search field on both platforms.

Does anybody know the reason or how I can fix the problem? I want to have the Search option on both platforms.

Best regards
Bernd

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com