Leprosy?

Subject: Leprosy?
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 08:49:28 -0400

Anyone have any suggestions on how to solve what
appears to be an HR-department's problem? A company
(unnamed here) has been advertising a tech writer
position on its web page for some time, and Yours
Truly is precisely qualified for the work, and has
applied for the job. More than once.

The position appears to remain open. HR seems to
pretend that I do not exist. Do I have leprosy or
something?

I know that internal matters can affect a company in
ways that are not apparent to outsiders, like the
hiring manager who quits and leaves three
just-interviewed job candidates waving in the breeze.
Still, I know I could help that company, perhaps in
more ways than just tech writing. What can one do?
Hang around outside at quitting time and snag the
boss when he leaves?

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com