Re: Problem with generating TOC tags as bookmarks in Frame 7.1

Subject: Re: Problem with generating TOC tags as bookmarks in Frame 7.1
From: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 20:06:55 -0400

The tags from generated files don't appear in the book file's PDF Setup
dialog, so it's really hard to include them at the book level, either
deliberately or accidentally.

But a "hidden" feature of FrameMaker versions from 6.0 onward is that any
paragraph tags that are selected for bookmarking in the PDF Setup dialog
of an individual file get picked up as PDF bookmarks *in*addition*to* the
tags that are globally selected in the book file. This can drive you *crazy*
if you don't know about it, and I have never found any mention of it in
the FrameMaker documentation or help. In an off-list message I advised
Nancy to look in the PDF Setup dialog for the TOC file itself to make sure
that the tags are not selected there, and she informed me that this
resolved her problem.

Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ

From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
CC: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 19:04:31 -0400

Silly question, but did you exclude the TOC tags from your Bookmarks?

On 5/13/05, Nancy Miller <Nancy -dot- Miller -at- businessobjects -dot- com> wrote:

> I'm experiencing a problem with Generating Acrobat Data from
> FrameMaker 7.1 (non-structured). Under the Bookmarks tab, I've included
> the paragraph tags I would like to see as bookmarks, however when I
> generate the PDF, I get an additional bookmark for every TOC entry that
> has an entry created from the selected paragraph tags! For example, for
> every Chapter Title tag, the Chapter Title TOC tag appears as a
> bookmark.
>
> I've selected Default for Bookmarks expanded through level:, and have
> cleared the check boxes at the bottom.
>
> Is there a way to suppress these extra bookmarks?
> I CAN delete the ones I don't want, but it seems messy.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com