Re: Client Newsletter

Subject: Re: Client Newsletter
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 12:57:08 -0400

> No one appreciates having the words "irrelevant" and "dumb" thrown into a reply to them when they're looking for advice. I thought your reply was harsh and unhelpful, at best. I can see why Lyda took offense because your response came off as a verbal slap.

I guess I can't win 'em all. I apologize for offending, but it wasn't
intended. I was commenting on what you will undobtedly be going
through, as I've been there more times than I'd care to comment and
have worked around it.

To elaborate just a bit, see if you can toss aside the notion of
"newsletter" in your proposal and focus on just the details of what
they need and how you see best in delivering it. Then go back and name
it what you'd like.

People get hung up on names, titles, and choice of words (thus the
reaction to my e-mail *g*). I think "newsletter" will attract more
people who want to assume control over this thing than you'd want or
than is needed or actually suitable.

> Hey, I just noticed your e-mail address. Is this the long-lost Dood? What are you doing masquerading as some guy named Bill who posts 100 messages a day? ;-)

Um, I don't know. As far as I know I haven't been lost. ;-)

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com