RE: Combining PDFs

Subject: RE: Combining PDFs
From: Pete -dot- Dirisamer -at- Dukane -dot- spx -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 16:36:48 -0500

Hi all!

This thread piqued my curiosity.

>Hi, guys...my boss just asked me if there was a way of merging PDFs
>into a single PDF in a batch mode. I explained how to combine PDFs
>from within Acrobat, but we have a hundred or so PDFs and even at a
>couple of minutes for each, over three hours would be too long
>
>John Posada
>Senior Technical Writer

Has anyone combined individual secured PDFs into a single PDF file, one at
a time or in a batch? Here's our situation: We want, as much as possible,
to prevent the alteration of our product data sheet PDFs, but some of our
distributors want to combine these PDFs into a single file for various
reasons. Hence, we password-protect them in Acrobat Pro. Version 7.0 lets
us distinguish between "Changing the document" (which we don't want to
allow) and "Document Assembly" (which we think we do want to allow,
although we haven't been able to nail down a definition of what exactly
Adobe means by this term). We've created several documents with these
security settings, but Acrobat Pro will not allow us to use "Insert pages"
to combine any 2 of these files, never mind more than 2.

Are there any Techwrl'rs out there who've worked through something like
this?

Thanks!

Pete Dirisamer
GE Infrastructure, Security
Sr. Technical Writer/Webmaster
T 630 836 3724
F 630 836 3800
E Pete -dot- Dirisamer -at- dukane -dot- spx -dot- com
www.gesecurity.com
27545 Diehl Road, Suite 200
Warrenville, IL 60555 USA
GE Dukane Communications, Inc.
Note: This message is intended only for the designated recipient(s). It
may contain confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to
the attorney-client privilege or other confidentiality protections. If you
are not a designated recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute
this message. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender by
reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com