Re: Help with RoboHelp

Subject: Re: Help with RoboHelp
From: "McKinney, Suzanne" <smckinney -at- eei1 -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:12:07 -0400

Diana,

First, we need to know what kind of help, etc. And which version of
RoboHelp. For X5, here's some info.

If you're creating text that should be in both the online help and the
printed docs, don't mark it.

Mark online only text or topics as such (you can do both--individual
words, sentences, etc. or whole topics).

Mark print only text or topics as such (again, parts or whole topics as
needed).

When you generate, you need to specify the "conditional build
expression". That is, click Define and include/exclude conditions as
needed. This is true for both online help and printed docs. This is on
the first page of the generate wizards. When you click Define you just
move the conditions back and forth (in/out) as appropriate.

I found the RoboHelp online help to be pretty helpful when I started
doing this. Feel free to email me directly if you have any questions.

Sue McKinney
smckinney -at- eei1 -dot- com

Subject: Help with RoboHelp
From: lynchdl -at- comcast -dot- net
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:53:08 +0000

Hey all,

I am relatively new at RoboHelp and have inherited a help system that
has already been created as a single source. I can generate the online
help just fine. I am having issues with generating the printed
documents.

I have checked the topics to determine if they are selected for print.
Some have been tagged for Print, some have not. I entered the
conditional tags on the topics that I needed to include in the manual
and clicked Generate.

When I have done this and look at the view where it shows Topics in the
left hand pane and Chapter layout in the right hand pane, I see some
greyed out topics and none of the ones I have selected for print.

I have gone to the Macromedia website to get assistance but to no avail.
So now I am looking someone who can give me a hint of what I am doing
incorrectly, for some good sites where I can beef up my skill set in
this area, or a good RoboHelp book that will help me through this.

TIA,

Diana

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com